Friday, January 29, 2016

Altered Calendar/Address Books Project

Hello...I gave these cute little hardcover calendar/address books from The Dollar Tree a colorful makeover. First they got a few coats of DecoArt Media white gesso on the outside covers. My intention was to paint the inside covers too, but when I tried to gesso them, they started to wrinkle up pretty badly, so I decided to just stick some gelli print scraps in there instead. Americana acrylic paints (colors shown in photo below) and my hand carved eraser stamps were used to decorate the background. Then I got out my little box of gelli print scraps and made a long-legged birdie and some flowers for one of the books, and a heart for the back of the other. The little girl on the front of the second book is a paper doll I made many years ago. I am keeping that book for myself. I finished them up with black outlines and some little white dots and circles, and added a piece of blue ribbon on one and a piece of black silk cord on the other for book marks. The black cord has a bead I made from polymer clay on the end of it.

 

  








 


No comments:

Post a Comment