Friday, January 1, 2016

Vintage Lundby Renovation

I won this vintage Lundby house on ebay in an auction in which I was the only bidder. It came to me from Minnesota and the house needs quite a bit of TLC, but it was full of some awesome vintage Lundby furniture including lots of lights and two transformers. It also came with two extensions. I got the third one elsewhere. I am still in search of the Lundby Stockholm house to add to my complex. I will soon be getting an education on dollhouse electrics repair since a lot of it needs attention. I already got two new Lundby electrics kits on Amazon though, so I am ready to get it all situated when I get to that point. First I am wallpapering the whole thing. The vintage wallpaper is way too dull for me, so I am using scrapbook paper and some of my gelli prints to brighten things up a bit. It is a slow process, but I am getting there. I have so far been unsuccessful finding Lundby templates online, which would make it quite a bit easier to cut everything to fit perfectly. I understand they are available, so if anyone knows where to go for that, please let me know. I will be furnishing this house with vintage Lundby where I can, and also stuff that I make. I love love love the mid-century modern and the ultra modern minis, but some of them are crazy expensive, so I am going to explore the options for making some cool modern stuff myself. Here is the Lundby house before I started...











After wallpapering the top house part, still have to do baseboards and top molding in those rooms...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment